From: P Levine <plevine457@×××××.com>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] KDE 5 : missing icons
Date: Thu, 15 Sep 2016 20:52:50
1 Try running this in a shell:
2
3 XDG_CURRENT_DESKTOP=kde gwenview
6 If it solves the issue, you will need to export "XDG_CURRENT_DESKTOP=kde".
7 See here for more info:
8 https://bbs.archlinux.org/viewtopic.php?pid=1501729#p1501729
9
10 On Thu, Sep 15, 2016 at 4:11 PM, Philip Webb <purslow@××××××××.net> wrote:
11
12 > 160913 P Levine wrote:
13 > > 160913 Philip Webb wrote:
14 > >> I've updated to KDE 5 , incl Gwenview + Oxygen-icons,
15 > >> but even after a reboot the icons are not showing on the screen ;
16 > >> it also occurs with Kshisen. The problem cb seen at
17 > >> http://chass.utoronto.ca/~purslow/test/kde5-gwenview.png
18 > > Are you using those programs from within a running KDE 5 environment?
19 > > If so, did you set oxygen as the active icon theme in systemsettings?
20 >
21 > No, I'm using Fluxbox to manage my desktop, but want to use KDE apps.
22 > I've installed Systemsettings,
23 > but 'systemsettings5' offers a rather limited choice
24 > -- see http://chass.utoronto.ca/~purslow/test/kde5-ssettings1.png
25 > http://chass.utoronto.ca/~purslow/test/kde5-ssettings2.png
26 > & setting icon theme to Oxygen makes no difference to Gwenview.
27 >
28 > Thanks so far ; any further suggestions are most welcome.
29 >
30 > --
32 > SUPPORT ___________//___, Philip Webb
33 > ELECTRIC /] [] [] [] [] []| Cities Centre, University of Toronto
34 > TRANSIT `-O----------O---' purslowatchassdotutorontodotca