From: Philip Webb <purslow@××××××××.net>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] KDE 5 : missing icons : partly solved
Date: Fri, 16 Sep 2016 15:10:10
1 160915 P Levine wrote:
2 >> 160913 Philip Webb wrote:
3 >> I've updated to KDE 5 , incl Gwenview + Oxygen-icons,
4 >> but even after a reboot the icons are not showing on the screen ;
5 >> it also occurs with Kshisen. The problem cb seen at
6 >> http://chass.utoronto.ca/~purslow/test/kde5-gwenview.png
7 >> I'm using Fluxbox to manage my desktop, but want to use KDE apps.
8 >> I've installed Systemsettings,
9 >> but 'systemsettings5' offers a rather limited choice
10 >> -- see http://chass.utoronto.ca/~purslow/test/kde5-ssettings1.png
11 >> http://chass.utoronto.ca/~purslow/test/kde5-ssettings2.png
12 >> & setting icon theme to Oxygen makes no difference to Gwenview.
13 > Try running this in a shell:
14 > XDG_CURRENT_DESKTOP=kde gwenview
15 > If it solves the issue, you will need to export "XDG_CURRENT_DESKTOP=kde".
16 > See here for more info:
17 > https://bbs.archlinux.org/viewtopic.php?pid=1501729#p1501729
18
19 This seems to have no extra effect,
20 but the Arch Forum has another suggestion, which improves things,
21 ie to create ~/.config/kdeglobals & include
22
23 [Icons]
24 Theme=oxygen
25
26 That gets the folder icons in the browse view,
27 tho' not the icons in the toolbars.
28
29 I also have the other problem the Arch OP had encountered,
30 ie selecting items now requires a double-click. I added
31
32 [KDE]
33 SingleClick=true
34
35 but it has made no difference.
36
37 Is there a help file somewhere listing possible lines in kdeglobals ?
41 SUPPORT ___________//___, Philip Webb
42 ELECTRIC /] [] [] [] [] []| Cities Centre, University of Toronto
43 TRANSIT `-O----------O---' purslowatchassdotutorontodotca