From: Jarry <jarry@×××.net>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] problem with raid1: error while booting
Date: Tue, 12 Jul 2005 15:29:33
1 Kurt Guenther wrote:
2 > I did a similar setup, but I used Linux raid-1 rather then the software
3 > raid.
4
5 Pardon for my ignorance, but what do you mean with "Linux raid-1 rather
6 than the software raid"??? Is it not the same? Or do you mean some
7 hw-raid?
8
9 BTW, I'm already on the track of my problem:
10 After booting (actually not booting) I entered into that "maintenance
11 mode" and found out, that there are no /dev/md? files (although I
12 created them during installation)! Why??? Should not udev create them
13 automatically? Or did I misconfigured something concerning udev/devfs
14 in kernel?
15
16 At least it is clear now that error message of "ext2fs_check_if_mount"
17 and "fsck.ext3": there is no /dev/md1, so it is not possible check it...
18
19 Jarry
20 --
21 gentoo-user@g.o mailing list