From: Andrew Lowe <agl@×××××××.au>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] Arrh - my KDE "look" has disappeared
Date: Thu, 31 Jul 2014 02:50:45
1 On 29/07/2014 3:09 PM, Neil Bothwick wrote:
2 > On Tue, 29 Jul 2014 11:47:55 +0800, Andrew Lowe wrote:
3 >
4 >> Fired up the 'puter last night and instead of a backdrop
5 >> showing the dog doing something stupid, a task bar, the start button
6 >> thingy, and a few other bits and pieces, I had the default KDE
7 >> backdrop. The task bar was on the second screen, the backdrop was the
8 >> default, there was no start button etc. What's happened?????? Obviously
9 >> KDE has freaked out in some way, but how? Where are the files that
10 >> configure the look and feel of my desktop kept? I've looked in
11 >> ~/Desktop and ~/.kde4 and there was nothing there.
12 >
13 > The files should be in ~/.kde4/share/config, so if ~/.kde4 is empty you
14 > have a problem. Let's hope you also have a backup.
17 Had a look, "everything" appears to be there - no idea as to why I
18 originally said ~/.kde4 was empty. The dates on all of the files are all
19 over the place, that is from some time last year when I built the
20 machine up to basically now so it looks like they are the correct files.
21
22 Is there an environmental/system variable that should point to ~/.kde4
23 that I should check to see is correct?
24
25 Andrew