From: Thomas Mueller <mueller6726@×××××××××.net>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] HP officejet pro 8600 printer (all-in-one)
Date: Tue, 03 Sep 2013 03:18:02
1 > I will be buying a new printer and am considering three members of the
2 > HP 8600 class
3
4 > HP officejet pro 8600 (N911a)
5
6 > HP officejet pro 8600 plus (N911g)
7
8 > HP officejet pro 8600 premium (N911n)
9
10 > The first two are listed on the hplip site as having full support and
11 > recommended. The third is not listed, which I found surprising.
12
13 > Any recommendations/suggestions/experiences would be appreciated.
14
15 > thanks,
16 > allan
17
18 Given my ill luck with HP LaserJet M1212nf MFP, I don't want to buy anything more from HP, unless I get this printer working, and then I'd need toner.
19
20 My ill luck was with FreeBSD and NetBSD, and hplip makes assumptions on Linux file structure that are different in the BSDs.
21
22 I do intend to try with Linux, and also try the MS-Windows drivers on FreeBSD with wine.
23
24 I might try Brother.
27 Tom