From: Willie Wong <wwong@×××××××××.EDU>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] [OT] Open Office USE flags
Date: Sun, 28 Aug 2005 06:11:50
1 On Sat, Aug 27, 2005 at 11:07:52PM -0400, John Dangler wrote:
2 > Anyone know why Open Office would require USE=???hardened??? ?
3
4 huh? To my knowledge, no package would REQUIRE a useflag.
5
6 > Or is this here to show that it can be installed in a hardened Gentoo environment?
7
8 The line IUSE=".... hardened ..." in the ebuild specifies that it CAN
9 be built with the hardened flag, probably for PIE.
10
11 > I noticed some postings based on people installing it with -hardened (and having problems), but I don't have a hardened Gentoo install and don't want this to bork, since I'm sure it will take a while to compile...
12
13 OpenOffice is app-office, I highly doubt most people using OpenOffice,
14 i.e., on a desktop, would seriously need/want hardened.
15
16 Go ahead and emerge it with -hardened.
17
18 W
19 --
20 Q: What's grey and proves the nondenumerability of the Reals?
21 A: Cantor's Diagonal Elephant
22 Sortir en Pantoufles: up 16 days, 9:06
23 --
24 gentoo-user@g.o mailing list