From: "Mariusz Pękala" <skoot@××.pl>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] safe devfs -> udev migration
Date: Wed, 20 Jul 2005 08:54:00
1 On 2005-07-19 14:59:19 -0400 (Tue, Jul), brettholcomb@×××××××××.net wrote:
2 > I used the steps on the Gentoo docs. They also link to some udev site.
3 >
4 > Essentially
5 > 1. Set up kernel not to autostart devfs (when everything is okay you can remove devfs from the kernel)
6 > [...]
7
8 As a note for ones interested, you may leave devfs compiled in kernel, even have
9 set it to automount, and then you may use a kernel boot option (GRUB,LILO):
10 "devfs=nomount"
11 as noted in kernel description of CONFIG_DEVFS_MOUNT.
12
13 I've tested it about a month ago (2.6.11, but don't remember exact version)
14
15 HTH
18 No virus found in this outgoing message.
19 Checked by 'grep -i virus $MESSAGE'
20 Trust me.