From: Etaoin Shrdlu <shrdlu@×××××××××××××.org>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] Re: [OT] sudo in kernel config ?
Date: Sun, 12 Sep 2010 10:39:38
1 On Sun, 12 Sep 2010 10:16:31 +0100 Peter Humphrey
2 <peter@××××××××××××××.org> wrote:
3
4 > On Sunday 12 September 2010 00:15:34 Etaoin Shrdlu wrote:
5 >
6 > > But since you're not convinced, now it would be nice, for my own
7 > > education, and perhaps someone else's, that you elaborated a bit
8 > > more. What exactly do you find non convincing in that usage of the
9 > > adjective? How would you express the concept better?
10 >
11 > I did say I wasn't getting at you in particular, but what I dislike is
12 > being bombarded by the broadcast media with "potential this" and
13 > "possible that", when only a few years ago no-one would have dreamed of
14 > putting the extra word in. We even heard of someone being charged with
15 > an alleged crime recently, which is plain nonsense.
16
17 I see. I haven't had a TV set for about 12 years now, so I'm probably
18 somewhat less exposed to that, although I think I see where you're coming
19 from.
20
21 > A risk is a risk, no matter how indirect it starts out.
22
23 Of course, but it may affect different people to different degrees, or may
24 not even affect some of them. That's what I meant.
25
26 A rose is a rose is a rose, but it can be pink, red, white...it still
27 remains a rose. But sometimes the attribute can make a difference.