From: Peter Humphrey <peter@××××××××××××××.org>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] Re: [OT] sudo in kernel config ?
Date: Sun, 12 Sep 2010 09:16:59
1 On Sunday 12 September 2010 00:15:34 Etaoin Shrdlu wrote:
2
3 > But since you're not convinced, now it would be nice, for my own
4 > education, and perhaps someone else's, that you elaborated a bit
5 > more. What exactly do you find non convincing in that usage of the
6 > adjective? How would you express the concept better?
7
8 I did say I wasn't getting at you in particular, but what I dislike is
9 being bombarded by the broadcast media with "potential this" and
10 "possible that", when only a few years ago no-one would have dreamed of
11 putting the extra word in. We even heard of someone being charged with
12 an alleged crime recently, which is plain nonsense.
13
14 A risk is a risk, no matter how indirect it starts out.
15
16 But this is all way off-topic, so I propose to pipe down. No-one's likely
17 to be convinced anyway.
20 Rgds
21 Peter. Linux Counter 5290, 1994-04-23.