From: Richard Fish <bigfish@××××××××××.org>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] eth0 and eth1 unwanted autoconfiguration
Date: Sat, 15 Apr 2006 03:07:24
1 On 4/14/06, darren kirby <bulliver@×××××××××××.org> wrote:
2 > > Is it possible that you are running something that needs net and that is
3 > > starting it? I know some things, like ivman and such, will start other
4 > > services if they must be running for them to work.
5 >
6 > I don't think so...
7 >
8 > The only network related script in the default runlevel is 'net.lo'. syslog-ng
9 > doesn't need network does it?
10
11 Yes, it does.
12
13 1. Check your setting and the comments for RC_NET_STRICT_CHECKING in
14 /etc/conf.d/rc. This should probably be set to 'lo' for your system.
15
16 2. Hotplug can also activate network interfaces. See
17 /etc/hotplug/net.agent. I'm not sure how this affects cardbus
18 adapters however...
19
20 3. For eth0, merge the ifplugd package and the interface will not be
21 activated until a cable is plugged in. However you might need a 1.12
22 baselayout for this functionality...
23
24 -Richard
27 gentoo-user@g.o mailing list