From: Grant Edwards <grante@××××.com>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: [gentoo-user] Re: python-updater always wants to re-emerge certain things.
Date: Tue, 16 Sep 2008 16:39:58
1 On 2008-09-16, Willie Wong <wwong@×××××××××.EDU> wrote:
2
3 > Okay, then, it is not a bug. The packages listed belong to the
4 > PKGS_MANUAL set defined the python-updater. The comment there
5 > says:
6 >
7 > "packages that should be re-emerged even if they don't fit the
8 > criteria (eg. ones that have pythong compiled statically)"
9 >
10 > So that is the designed behaviour. I would prefer it like this
11 > rather than having packages that need re-emerging omitted.
12
13 Definitely.
14
15 > That said, you can pass the flag
16 >
17 > -dmanual
18 >
19 > to disable re-emerging those packages. (You can even fine tune
20 > which sets you want to re-emerge.) Read the python-updater man
21 > page for details.
22
23 Thanks. I had seen the description about "manual" in the man
24 page, but it didn't quite sink in.
27 Grant Edwards grante Yow! Did I SELL OUT yet??
28 at
29 visi.com