From: Daniel da Veiga <danieldaveiga@×××××.com>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] genkernel vs kernel manual compilation
Date: Fri, 31 Aug 2007 21:19:34
1 On 8/31/07, Steen Eugen Poulsen <sep@×××××××××.net> wrote:
2 > All the rest of his hate drivel is based on this kind of made up FUD
3 > against it and he is not alone, you see this hate FUD being spread all
4 > over about a decent tool, the author(s) deserve better treatment than this.
5
6 Completely agreed.
7 I'm a genkernel user since my first Gentoo install back in 2004, never
8 had any problems with it, at least none that wouldn't show in a normal
9 kernel compile.
10
11 I mean, it does nothing that normal sequence of compile commands would do...
12
13 Spreading that its "bad" and "breaks" stuff is just wrong with us (old
14 users) that use it with no problems, with new users that will not TRY
15 it because someone said it was bad, and with the developers that put
16 effort in designing a tool like this.
19 Daniel da Veiga
20 Computer Operator - RS - Brazil
26 --
27 gentoo-user@g.o mailing list