From: Peter Humphrey <peter@××××××××××××.uk>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] [HOT] (Half Offtopic) Gentoo on Nexus 7
Date: Mon, 06 Jul 2015 07:49:10
1 On Sunday 05 July 2015 16:36:08 Meino.Cramer@×××.de wrote:
2 > Stroller <stroller@××××××××××××××××××.uk> [15-07-05 16:33]:
3 > > On Sun, 5 July 2015, at 9:43 am, meino.cramer@×××.de wrote:
4 > > > ...
5 > > > Is there any way to replace an exhausted accumulator of this tablet?
6 > >
7 > > I have no idea what this means. I fear something may have been lost in
8 > > translation.
9 >
10 > sorry for my bad English...
11 >
12 > I meant:
13 > Is it possible to change an old LiIon pack, which is no longer to held
14 > a reasonable amount of charge with a new and fresh one?
15
16 Interesting. I remember, about 60 years ago while going to school on the bus,
17 noticing women on their way to the shop to have their accumulators charged.
18 They were rechargeable batteries in large, rectangular glass jars with
19 carrying handles - must have been heavy, quite like a car battery today but
20 smaller.
21
22 I think an accumulator could be recharged, but a battery* could not. Strictly
23 speaking, "accumulator" might be thought a better term for what we call a
24 rechargeable "battery", but usage hasn't turned out that way.
25
26 * "Battery" seems to have come from an army parallel: a battery of guns
27 inspiring a battery of energy-storage cells.
30 Rgds
31 Peter