From: Meino.Cramer@×××.de
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] [HOT] (Half Offtopic) Gentoo on Nexus 7
Date: Sun, 05 Jul 2015 14:36:20
1 Stroller <stroller@××××××××××××××××××.uk> [15-07-05 16:33]:
2 >
3 > On Sun, 5 July 2015, at 9:43 am, meino.cramer@×××.de wrote:
4 > > ...
5 > > Is it possible to install Gentoo Linux on a Nexus 7 tablet (one
6 > > WITHOUT phone functionality (no 3G)) ?
7 >
8 > I would have thought that the Replicant project would give some indication of FOSS support:
9 >
10 > https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Replicant_(operating_system)#Supported_devices
11 >
12 > Perhaps the Galaxy Tab would be a better choice.
13 >
14 > I bought one of the first Openmoko phones, and found typical X11 apps unusable on such a small screen. IMO the triumph of the current generation of phones (iOS, Android &c) is their embrace of more suitable UI metaphor, widgets and whatnot.
15 >
16 > > And:
17 > >
18 > > Is there any way to replace an exhausted accumulator of this tablet?
19 >
20 > I have no idea what this means. I fear something may have been lost in translation.
21 >
22 > Stroller.
26 Hi Stroller,
27
28 sorry for my bad English...
29
30 I meant:
31 Is it possible to change an old LiIon pack, which is no longer to held
32 a reasonable amount of charge with a new and fresh one?
33
34 Best regards,
35 Meino