From: Grant Edwards <grante@××××.com>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: [gentoo-user] Re: Wiki Gentoo article "info" question
Date: Fri, 26 Dec 2008 04:52:21
1 On 2008-12-26, Dale <rdalek1967@×××××.com> wrote:
2 > Grant Edwards wrote:
3 >> The Wiki page on Qemu says
4 >>
5 >> "To test if kqemu is correctly installed, run info kqemu. If
6 >> it returns kqemu support: enabled for user and kernel code,
7 >> your installation is correct."
8 >>
9 >> On my installation 'info kqemu' runs the Gnu info utility,
10 >> which doesn't seem to know anything about kqemu. What "info"
11 >> program is the Wiki talking about, and where does one get it?
12 >
13 > I would assume you are talking about something like a man page.
14
15 No, I don't think so. I _have_ the Gnu info program and the man
16 page for qemu. kqemu doesn't come with a man page (it's a
17 kernel module). I think the "info" in question is something
18 different than the usual "info" program.
19
20 > Usually you get those by installing the package. Example, if
21 > I wanted the man page for apache, I would need to install
22 > apache to get it. Of course, you can also google for it if
23 > you are just curious.
24 >
25 > It sounds like the package is not installed if I understand
26 > this correctly.
27
28 Both the kqemu and qemu packages are installed.
29
30 Apparently "run info kqemu" refers to somthing other than the
31 Gnu info program, but I don't know what.
34 Grant