From: Dale <rdalek1967@×××××.com>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] Wiki Gentoo article "info" question
Date: Fri, 26 Dec 2008 04:48:07
1 Grant Edwards wrote:
2 > The Wiki page on Qemu says
3 >
4 > "To test if kqemu is correctly installed, run info kqemu. If
5 > it returns kqemu support: enabled for user and kernel code,
6 > your installation is correct."
7 >
8 > On my installation 'info kqemu' runs the Gnu info utility,
9 > which doesn't seem to know anything about kqemu. What "info"
10 > program is the Wiki talking about, and where does one get it?
14 I would assume you are talking about something like a man page. Usually
15 you get those by installing the package. Example, if I wanted the man
16 page for apache, I would need to install apache to get it. Of course,
17 you can also google for it if you are just curious.
18
19 It sounds like the package is not installed if I understand this correctly.
20
21 Dale
22