From: Alan McKinnon <alan.mckinnon@×××××.com>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Cc: Albert Hopkins <marduk@×××××××××××.org>
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] OT: lightspark flash player
Date: Fri, 23 Jul 2010 07:01:29
1 On Friday 23 July 2010 04:05:27 Albert Hopkins wrote:
2 > On Fri, 2010-07-23 at 09:35 +0800, Bill Kenworthy wrote:
3 > > Just saw a mention about the lightspark flash player. Is any one
4 > > using
5 > > it and can comment on it being a viable replacement for adobe flash
6 > > for
7 > > general web browsing? There is also some comment here
8 > > (http://lwn.net/Articles/389266/) on various linuc flash players.
9 >
10 > I tried it a couple of days ago and it failed on 2 of 2 of the sites I
11 > tried it on. The first was the ubiquitous YouTube, and the second was a
12 > site of my own that uses a small flash app for playing audio streams.
13
14 Same here. Installed it, can't get it to actually work.
15
16 Not even with YouTube.
20 alan dot mckinnon at gmail dot com