From: Matti Nykyri <matti.nykyri@×××.fi>
To: "gentoo-user@l.g.o" <gentoo-user@l.g.o>
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] question/feature request: First fetch, then compile...
Date: Wed, 17 Dec 2014 13:59:07
1 > On Dec 17, 2014, at 14:13, Neil Bothwick <neil@××××××××××.uk> wrote:
2 >
3 > On Wed, 17 Dec 2014 10:52:44 +0100, meino.cramer@×××.de wrote:
4 >
5 >>>> Yes, thats it: First download all stuff THEN start compiling.
6
7 If I were you, I would setup your pc to do cross-compiling of your arietta's packages and build them into binpkg's. This could be all stored on the pc and accessed via nfs for example. Then the first dependency calculation would be done on the pc to build the packages and the second on arietta using only binary packages.
8
9 You should keep /etc/portage, /var/lib/portage and /usr/portage on the PC and not modifiable from the arietta. This way you only need to install the run time dependencies to the aritte. And install from bin pkg is really fast.
10
11 > Another alternative would be to use a USB to ethernet adaptor on the
12 > embedded board and connect it directory to your router.
13
14 This also sounds good. Or setup server which has the usb and is always on.
17 -Matti