From: Stroller <stroller@××××××××××××××××××.uk>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] Graphical usenet client - alternative to Knode
Date: Tue, 23 Feb 2010 23:10:07
1 On 23 Feb 2010, at 09:16, ubiquitous1980 wrote:
2 > ...
3 > I don't use knode or usenet, but am I missing something? Can't kde4
4 > applications be used on Mac these days?
5
6 Perhaps.
7
8 The Mac Unix experience is that grep and sed and shellscripts and
9 stuff like that are useful. If you just want something small like
10 exiftool then it's easy to make && install it.
11
12 Larger packages with lots of dependencies, though, it's just less
13 hassle to let a native package manager install them under Linux.
14
15 Stroller.