From: "Canek Peláez Valdés" <caneko@×××××.com>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] Pointers on how to speed up the boot process with systemd
Date: Sun, 09 Mar 2014 17:56:50
1 On Sun, Mar 9, 2014 at 11:47 AM, Marc Stürmer <mail@×××××××××××××.de> wrote:
2 [snip blame]
3 > Actual systemd-analyze:
4 >
5 > Startup finished in 584542y 2w 2d 20h 1min 42.032s (loader) + 1.540s
6 > (kernel) + 11.028s (userspace) = 12.569s
7
8 OK, this is actually normal. Do you realize that it's completely
9 different from the first one you posted?
10
11 Getting less than 12 seconds will be difficult, specially on a
12 rotating hard drive. Maybe when gnome-session (if you use GNOME)
13 starts using systemd --user, then we will be able to go from power up
14 to desktop in less than 10 seconds.
15
16 With this new set of measurements, I don't see anything (obvious) that
17 you can speed up. Next step would be to get a SDD, I guess.
18
19 Regards.
20 --
21 Canek Peláez Valdés