From: Mark Knecht <markknecht@×××××.com>
To: Gentoo User <gentoo-user@l.g.o>
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] Google Chrome now requires wayland and jack audio?
Date: Fri, 15 Jul 2022 19:55:05
1 On Fri, Jul 15, 2022 at 12:28 PM Grant Edwards <grant.b.edwards@×××××.com>
2 wrote:
3 >
4 > It looks like www-client/google-chrome just added wayland and jack
5 > audio to the dependancies. So now I have to have Pulse _and_ Jack?
6 >
7 > --
8 > Grant
9
10 Is that truly a Chrome requirement, like the company Google wrote the
11 ebuild, or is
12 this something a Gentoo dev did for some reason?
13
14 I'm curious as the USB disconnect problem seems somehow to be related
15 to using Chrome on the host machine for sites that do a lot of audio, like
16 YouTube. A clean boot of the host machine, followed by a clean boot of the
17 VM
18 and I've run for at least an hour with no disconnection problems. I can use
19 Chrome for email, messaging and reading newspapers with no problem, but
20 I run YouTube and twice I've had USB problems in the VM.