From: Daniel Frey <djqfrey@×××××.com>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] Google Chrome now requires wayland and jack audio?
Date: Sat, 16 Jul 2022 15:52:49
1 On 2022-07-15 12:54, Mark Knecht wrote:
4 > On Fri, Jul 15, 2022 at 12:28 PM Grant Edwards
5 > <grant.b.edwards@×××××.com <mailto:grant.b.edwards@×××××.com>> wrote:
6 > >
7 > > It looks like www-client/google-chrome just added wayland and jack
8 > > audio to the dependancies. So now I have to have Pulse _and_ Jack?
9 > >
10 > > --
11 > > Grant
12 >
13 > Is that truly a Chrome requirement, like the company Google wrote the
14 > ebuild, or is
15 > this something a Gentoo dev did for some reason?
16 >
17 > I'm curious as the USB disconnect problem seems somehow to be related
18 > to using Chrome on the host machine for sites that do a lot of audio, like
19 > YouTube. A clean boot of the host machine, followed by a clean boot of
20 > the VM
21 > and I've run for at least an hour with no disconnection problems. I can use
22 > Chrome for email, messaging and reading newspapers with no problem, but
23 > I run YouTube and twice I've had USB problems in the VM.
24
25 How is the device for audio set up on the host? It may actually be a
26 USB-audio device it provides to the VM itself, and that would explain
27 the issue you are having.
28
29 Dan