From: Dale <rdalek1967@×××××.com>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] Re: Firefox and kernel panics.
Date: Sun, 10 Jul 2011 20:12:41
1 Neil Bothwick wrote:
2 > On Sat, 09 Jul 2011 18:55:01 -0500, Dale wrote:
5 >> My old rig was in the middle of a update and we just had a nasty little
6 >> thunderstorm here. It was OOo of course. It was 7 hours into a 9 hour
7 >> compile when the lights blinked.
8 >>
9 > It won't have reached the install stage, so the only filesystem being
10 > written to would have been the one holding $PORTAGE_TMPDIR. It would be
11 > advisable to restart the emerge though :)
16 I know it didn't hurt anything as for as the system goes. My deal was
17 the lost compile time. If I had started it about 3 hours earlier or the
18 lights would have blinked a few hours later then not so much would have
19 been lost. I guess we can all dream tho.
20
21 Still haven't got the nerve up to open Firefox again. Maybe soon.
22
23 Dale
24