From: Matt Connell <matt@×××××××.tech>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] problem with emerge depclean after world update
Date: Fri, 30 Sep 2022 19:46:20
1 On Fri, 2022-09-30 at 20:36 +0100, Wol wrote:
2 > I've noticed that --depclean hardly seems to be cleaning anything out
3 > now. Despite regular emerge updates. I do an emerge update world every
4 > week, followed immediately by a depclean, but it's probably cleaned
5 > maybe one or two packages in the last month? Despite updating loads? Is
6 > that normal?
7
8 Unless the dependencies of a package change (or you changed the
9 resulting set of dependencies via USE changes), they aren't usually a
10 whole lot of deps to clean. That's my experience anyway. When I'm
11 flailing around a lot in package.use I'll have dozens but otherwise its
12 usually just one or two here and there.