From: Willie Wong <wwong@×××××××××.EDU>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] Tablet PC? Anyone?
Date: Fri, 20 Feb 2009 16:48:53
1 On Fri, Feb 20, 2009 at 09:13:11AM -0330, Penguin Lover Roger Mason squawked:
2 > Willie Wong <wwong@×××××××××.EDU> writes:
3 >
4 > > Mainly what I am looking for is some sort of
5 > > pen-mouse/tablet/touchscreen interface that makes drawing diagrams
6 > > simpler (compared to a touchpad or the little dit that sits between
7 > > the g,h, and b keys on a laptop). So if anyone knows of a laptop
8 > > with this kind of built-in interface, it will also be good.
11 > Have you thought of attaching a drawing tablet to your existing laptop?
12 >
13 > I have a wacom tablet that works pretty well. I think there is an
14 > article on the wiki about installation.
17 Yes. I have thought about it. But if, for example, I sit in the
18 economy class cabin on an airplane, a laptop + a wacom tablet hardly
19 fits in the space in front of me.
20
21 Ditto for a lot of conference/lecture halls.
22
23 I am still not ruling out the possibility, but I want to first see
24 what you all have to say about TabletPCs.
25
26 W
27 --
28 Alcohol and calculus don't mix. Never drink and derive.
29 Sortir en Pantoufles: up 805 days, 15:30