From: Alan McKinnon <alan.mckinnon@×××××.com>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] CD/DVD burning tools?
Date: Mon, 23 Jun 2008 10:48:37
1 On Monday 23 June 2008, Joerg Schilling wrote:
2 > Volker Armin Hemmann <volker.armin.hemmann@××××××××××××.de> wrote:
3 > > > cdrdao has not been enhanced since many years now.
4 > > > BTW: Could you tell me a feature from cdrdao which you really use
5 > > > and that is not supported by cdrecorde?
6 > >
7 > > he just gave a range and cdrdao comes in the alphabetical order
8 > > before cdrecord.
9 >
10 > Mmmm, should this be an answer to my question?
11
12 Volker's answer is correct, but not obviously so. I simply ran ls on the
13 directory /var/portage/app-cdr and listed two well-known packages that
14 showed up. The OP is looking for Xfce software, I figured he should
15 look for himself and told him where to look.
16
17 To answer your question directly: My burning needs are very simple -
18 cdrecord from cdrkit and k3b do everything I've ever needed and suit me
19 just fine. Eg, I don't remember exactly when was the last time I burned
20 a DVD but I do know I've never done it on any of my personal machines.
21
22 I use cdrkit because I'm sick of listening to eternal bickering about
23 licensing issues. So I use the project whose license, and
24 interpretation of the license, seemed to me to be the project that
25 would make the pedantry just go away and not feature in my life.
29 Alan McKinnon
30 alan dot mckinnon at gmail dot com
33 gentoo-user@l.g.o mailing list