From: Neil Bothwick <neil@××××××××××.uk>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] Advice/best practices for a new Gentoo installation
Date: Tue, 02 Mar 2010 11:03:48
1 On Tue, 2 Mar 2010 10:35:42 +0100, Alex Schuster wrote:
2
3 > > - best filesystem for portage? something compressed or with small
4 > > cluster size maybe.
5 >
6 > I think reiserfs with the notail option is recommended.
7
8 The data I've seen indicates that ext2 is fastest, that's what I use.
9 There's no need for journalling on the portage tree, it's small enough to
10 fsck quickly and if it does get broken, reformat and resync.
14 Neil Bothwick
15
16 New Intel opcode #007 PUKE: Put unmeaningful keywords everywhere