From: Alan McKinnon <alan.mckinnon@×××××.com>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] sudo in kernel config ?
Date: Sat, 11 Sep 2010 20:18:20
1 Apparently, though unproven, at 11:46 on Saturday 11 September 2010, Albert
2 Hopkins did opine thusly:
3
4 > On Sat, 2010-09-11 at 10:24 +0200, Stéphane Guedon wrote:
5 > > few months ago, I read linux kernel in a nutschell(sic), and the author
6 > > wrote we shouldn't do kernel operations (config and build) as root.
7 >
8 > I call bullsh*t. I've been compiling kernels for 17 years and for the
9 > most part have done it as root without any problems.
10
11 Same here.
12
13 The root user (sometimes portage) creates /usr/src/linux-*
14
15 Someone tell me again exactly how user alan is supposed to build those
16 sources?
20 alan dot mckinnon at gmail dot com