From: Mark Shields <laebshade@×××××.com>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] Grub/Boot font problems
Date: Tue, 19 Jun 2007 16:59:09
1 On 6/19/07, Mark Knecht <markknecht@×××××.com> wrote:
2 >
3 > Hi,
4 > On an install I'm trying to get working when grub comes up I get no
5 > screen. It's just black. If I hit enter the machine starts booting
6 > fine.
7 >
8 > Once it starts booing the first line or two looks good but then the
9 > fonts become messed up and pretty much unreadable. It stays this way I
10 > get to the two lines that say:
11 >
12 > Setting terminal to UTF-8
13 > Setting user font
14 >
15 > and then everything becomes readable.
16 >
17 > What kernel config items do I want to look at to fix this?
18 >
19 > Or is there possibly a boot line option for this sort of thing? I
20 > am currently using no options at the boot line.
21 >
22 > Note that this is an older NVidia card.
23 >
24 > Thanks,
25 > Mark
26 > --
27 > gentoo-user@g.o mailing list
30 I had this same problem on another system. IIRC, It turned out the
31 splashimage for grub I was referencing had a typo. Try checking that.
34 - Mark Shields