From: Joe Menola <menola@×××××××××.net>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] Gentoo or Linux from Scratch - Perspectives?
Date: Sun, 14 Aug 2005 22:22:23
1 On Sunday August 14 2005 4:38 pm, Nick Rout wrote:
2 > Unstable does not really cut it IMHO. I am a gentoo enthusiast through
3 > and through, but plonking something in portage with a ~ beside it does
4 > not constitute a release of a recent version IMHO.
5
6 Can you name any version of Linux where version upgrades go directly into
7 stable?
8 It's all about choice...the "latest n greatest" or "tried n true".
9 And that's how it is in any flavor of Linux I've tried, LFS included.
10
11 -jm
12 --
13 gentoo-user@g.o mailing list