From: Thufir <hawat.thufir@×××××.com>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: [gentoo-user] Re: Is GWN dead?
Date: Thu, 17 Jan 2008 07:39:59
1 On Fri, 11 Jan 2008 14:33:32 +0000, Qian Qiao wrote:
4 > What extra do you archieve if you install your Gentoo from a Gentoo
5 > LiveCD instead of a Knoppix CD? None!
6 >
7 > Stop binding you mind to the concept that "I have to install a Gentoo
8 > from a Gentoo CD", it's not true, start looking at a broader
9 > perspective.
10
11 I don't think anyone's making that argument. What I'm asking, at least,
12 is why Gentoo prides itself on having one of the steepest learning curves.
13
14 Let's turn this around: if Gentoo were to attract a larger user base I
15 posit that this would attract more developers.
19 -Thufir
22 gentoo-user@l.g.o mailing list