From: Grant Edwards <grant.b.edwards@×××××.com>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: [gentoo-user] Re: Recommend a tftp server that works?
Date: Mon, 07 May 2012 20:49:46
1 On 2012-05-07, Michael Hampicke <gentoo-user@××××.biz> wrote:
4 >> Can somebody recommend a tftp server that works?
5 >
6 > For my BOOTP server I've been using net-ftp/tftp-hpa for quiet some
7 > time, which works great here.
8
9 Thanks, I'll keep that in mind.
10
11 Right after posting, I finally got atftpd to work.
12
13 The init.d script seems to be broken and bails because there's no root
14 directory configured even though there is one specified in
15 /etc/conf.d/atftpd. So I gave up on starting it via /etc/init.d.
16
17 When running it directly from the command line, I was missing the
18 "--daemon" option -- which has nothing to do with whether it runs as a
19 daemon or not (that's controlled by "--no-fork"). It controls whether
20 it expects stdin to be a UDP socket or it should create and bind a
21 socket.
22
23 Despite the reasonably clear help text description of --daemon, I just
24 couldn't convince myself to add the --daemon option when I didn't want
25 it to run as a daemon.
26
27 >> But, when I try to install one of the other tftp servers, emerge
28 >> refuses. How to I tell emerge to go ahead and install, for example,
29 >> netkit-tftp even though atftp is already installed?
30 >
31 > Maybe use emerge --force or transfer the ebuild to a local overlay and
32 > remove the blocking. I never understood why different tftp servers block
33 > each other. I mean I can install pure-ftpd and proftpd at the time time too.
34
35 I would have sworn I had at least two different tftp servers installed
36 at the same time in the past...
39 Grant Edwards grant.b.edwards Yow! RELATIVES!!
40 at
41 gmail.com