From: Indi <thebeelzebubtrigger@×××××.com>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] kdepim-4.6.0 woes
Date: Wed, 22 Jun 2011 16:29:52
1 On Wed, Jun 22, 2011 at 05:37:49PM +0200, Alan McKinnon wrote:
2 > On Wednesday 22 June 2011 11:23:15 Indi did opine thusly:
3 > >
4 > > Ha, so it's true then: using my blackberry as a PDA (sync'd to
5 > > google calendar) and not bothering with that stuff on my computer
6 > > anymore may indeed have saved lives. I suspected as much.
7 >
8 > Android Android Android Android rulz
11 The cyanogenmod looks quite interesting, at some point I may get
12 an android phome just to fool with that.
13
14 > I fear for the desktop, I really do. I class myself as a decent KDE
15 > user who often reads the code instead of the docs, If I can't figure
16 > out how to use the app, what chance do regular users stand?
19 Erm, no comment. :P
20 My views of the desktop are unpopular here, LOL.
21 Yet I go *years* without having to make big changes to my wm configs,
22 and everything "just works" for me.
23
24 > I look out over the nearby Support desk and watch the flunkies with
25 > Win7. I see a very bright future indeed for Android
28 And a dim one for wince7. I don't think it matter to ms though.
29 In spite of all the swagger wince7 is just a placeholder until
30 8 arrives. *That* will probably their Hindenburg. :)
33 caveat utilitor