From: Walter Dnes <waltdnes@××××××××.org>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] Install Advice
Date: Wed, 21 Feb 2007 02:45:12
1 On Tue, Feb 20, 2007 at 09:37:44AM +0100, Michal 'vorner' Vaner wrote
2
3 > Well, yes, it may be faster a bit, like 1%, maybe 10%??? But if one distro
4 > would be unbearable slow, gentoo would be too. It won't just be faster
5 > 10 times, and yes, that 10% are nice, but not usually worth switching
6 > your distro.
7
8 Sometimes improved speed can be a problem. See...
9 http://forums.gentoo.org/viewtopic-t-131884-highlight-xboing.html
10 I ran into this with a 1999 model 450 mhz PIII Dell that I switched from
11 Debian to Gentoo. On Debian it was nice-n-slow at speed level 1. In
12 Gentoo, the ball flew right past me before I could move.
15 Walter Dnes <waltdnes@××××××××.org> In linux /sbin/init is Job #1
16 --
17 gentoo-user@g.o mailing list