From: Michal 'vorner' Vaner <vorner@×××.cz>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] Install Advice
Date: Tue, 20 Feb 2007 08:43:03
1 Hello,
2
3 On Tue, Feb 20, 2007 at 02:05:26AM -0600, Dale wrote:
4 > I have to disagree with this. I used to use Mandrake and Gentoo is a
5 > *LOT* faster than Mandrake. I turned off a lot of unused services and
6 > Mandrake was still pretty slow. This is especially true if you
7 > customize all the flags you can. I suspect he will see a speed
8 > difference. Plus he will know what is being installed and why. Gentoo
9 > IMHO beats Mandrake and others by a long shot.
10
11 Well, yes, it may be faster a bit, like 1%, maybe 10%… But if one distro
12 would be unbearable slow, gentoo would be too. It won't just be faster
13 10 times, and yes, that 10% are nice, but not usually worth switching
14 your distro.
15
16 Have a nice day
19 Q: Why was Stonehenge abandoned?