From: edward m <edwardmgibson01@×××××.com>
To: Dr Rainer Woitok <rainer.woitok@×××××.com>
Cc: "gentoo-user@l.g.o" <gentoo-user@l.g.o>, nunojsilva@×××××××.pt
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] SOLVED Re: error trying to mount Samsung: Galaxy android models (MTP)
Date: Sun, 22 Nov 2020 23:17:07
1 On Sun, Nov 22, 2020 at 6:53 AM Dr Rainer Woitok <rainer.woitok@×××××.com>
2 wrote:
3
4 > Edward and Nuno,
5 >
6 > On Sunday, 2020-11-22 11:35:16 +0000, Nuno Silva wrote:
7 >
8 > > ...
9 > > I think with MTP there can be issues owing to implementation details -
10 > > some phones will have trouble with some MTP tools.
11 > >
12 > > If you can, please try sys-fs/jmtpfs.
13 >
14 > Hmm, according to
15 >
16 > https://packages.gentoo.org/packages/sys-fs/jmtpfs
17 >
18 > this package looks rather unmaintained, last changed in November 2013.
19 > There are also
20 >
21 > https://packages.gentoo.org/packages/sys-fs/mtpfs
22 >
23 > which doesn't look much better, maintenance-wise, and
24 >
25 > https://packages.gentoo.org/packages/sys-fs/simple-mtpfs
26 >
27 > which at least seems maintained. There are quite a few other packages
28 > listed at
29 >
30 > https://wiki.gentoo.org/wiki/MTP
31 >
32 > where it's also mentioned that Thunar can connect to MTP file systems
33 > using the "xfce-extra/thunar-volman" package.
34 >
35 > Personally I haven't yet used any of these because I'm quite satisfied
36 > using "adb" from package "dev-util/android-tools".
37 >
38 > Sincerely,
39 > Rainer
44 simple-mtpfs worked instead of mtpfs. Also the android phone screen needs
45 to be unlocked and answer 'allow' when a pop up
46 message appears. After doing that i was able to mount the android phone