From: Hans-Werner Hilse <hilse@×××.de>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] 1st time framebuffer setup
Date: Thu, 21 Jun 2007 18:49:15
1 Hi,
2
3 On Thu, 21 Jun 2007 20:34:28 +0200
4 Daniel Pielmeier <daniel.pielmeier@××××××××××.com> wrote:
5
6 > > Those are just two different ways for setting up a splash screen; I
7 > > think gentoo is currently more directed to bootsplash rather than
8 > > fbsplash. But neither of them is mandatory for framebuffer usage (and
9 > > framebuffer console). In order to use the framebuffer, you just need to
10 > > load the relevant module and use fbset or compile the driver into the
11 > > kernel and pass the right "video=..." paramenter to the kernel and
12 > > you're set.
13 >
14 > Are you sure Gentoo is more directed to bootsplash. I think bootsplash
15 > is discontinued and fbsplash has taken over it, as mentioned at the
16 > bootsplash wiki.
17
18 Errrm, yes, of course. Sorry, my mistake.
19
20 -hwh
21 --
22 gentoo-user@g.o mailing list