From: Daniel Pielmeier <daniel.pielmeier@××××××××××.com>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] 1st time framebuffer setup
Date: Thu, 21 Jun 2007 18:40:00
1 > Those are just two different ways for setting up a splash screen; I
2 > think gentoo is currently more directed to bootsplash rather than
3 > fbsplash. But neither of them is mandatory for framebuffer usage (and
4 > framebuffer console). In order to use the framebuffer, you just need to
5 > load the relevant module and use fbset or compile the driver into the
6 > kernel and pass the right "video=..." paramenter to the kernel and
7 > you're set.
8
9 Are you sure Gentoo is more directed to bootsplash. I think bootsplash
10 is discontinued and fbsplash has taken over it, as mentioned at the
11 bootsplash wiki.
12
13 Regards,
14