From: "Sebastian Beßler" <webmaster@××××××××××××.de>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] public mail server for ELOG?
Date: Wed, 28 Oct 2009 19:11:22
1 Am 28.10.2009 19:57, schrieb Alan McKinnon:
2 > On Wednesday 28 October 2009 20:44:59 Volker Armin Hemmann wrote:
3 >>> That kind of delivery limits the access to this mails to the local
4 >>> maschine. If I want to read local I don't need mails, I could just read
5 >>> the logfiles from portage in /var/log/
6 >>>
7 >>> But I am aware that solving this problem is nothing that portage has to
8 >>> do, as it is no problem with portage at all.
9 >>>
10 >>> My mail was just to show that not everyone has a local mailserver
11 >>> running on his maschine.
12 >>>
13 >>> Greetings
14 >>>
15 >>> Sebastian
16 >>>
17 >>
18 >> then let it store everything as elog and read that with elogv.
19 >>
20 >> mail is just an additional bonus feature.
23 > His initial mail said that he would like a copy of elogs to go to his inbox at
24 > his ISP.
25
26 NO.. As I am NOT Grant I don't said that.
27 My Mail was more a reply to Volker Armin Hemmann to show that not
28 everyone has a local mailserver running (what Volker implied)
29
30 > Later mails imply he might want to read them over IMAP so they are
31 > accessible at multiple locations.
32
33 Yes, that would be great.
34
35 > Have you looked at ssmtp? Very light, very small and you can protect your
36 > login password with Unix file permissions instead of leaving them open in
37 > make.conf
38
39 That sounds great, I absolutly going to look at it. Thanks for the tip,
40 maybe that is something for Grant too.
41
42 Greetings
43
44 Sebastian