From: Alan McKinnon <alan.mckinnon@×××××.com>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] public mail server for ELOG?
Date: Wed, 28 Oct 2009 18:58:54
1 On Wednesday 28 October 2009 20:44:59 Volker Armin Hemmann wrote:
2 > > That kind of delivery limits the access to this mails to the local
3 > > maschine. If I want to read local I don't need mails, I could just read
4 > > the logfiles from portage in /var/log/
5 > >
6 > > But I am aware that solving this problem is nothing that portage has to
7 > > do, as it is no problem with portage at all.
8 > >
9 > > My mail was just to show that not everyone has a local mailserver
10 > > running on his maschine.
11 > >
12 > > Greetings
13 > >
14 > > Sebastian
17 > then let it store everything as elog and read that with elogv.
18 >
19 > mail is just an additional bonus feature.
22 His initial mail said that he would like a copy of elogs to go to his inbox at
23 his ISP. Later mails imply he might want to read them over IMAP so they are
24 accessible at multiple locations.
25
26 Sebastian,
27
28 Have you looked at ssmtp? Very light, very small and you can protect your
29 login password with Unix file permissions instead of leaving them open in
30 make.conf
33 alan dot mckinnon at gmail dot com