From: Dale <rdalek1967@×××××.com>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] Continued Xorg crashes
Date: Fri, 17 Apr 2009 21:49:04
1 Mark Knecht wrote:
2 >
3 > Does *anyone* have an idea what I should do to debug this further?
4 > I've never managed to get good backtrace info under Gentoo so that's
5 > probably a struggle I'd rather not deal with if possible, especially
6 > for something as complicated as X. The segfault looks like something
7 > uninitialized to me but what do I know... (Not much!)
8 >
9 > I can send all sorts of machine/Gentoo info if requested.
10 >
11 > Anyway, all thoughts appreciated.
12 >
13 > Cheers,
14 > Mark
19 I don't know if you have been following my recent thread or not but what
20 version of gcc are you using? I was using gcc 4.3 and I am having
21 multiple issues with a lot of things. I can't compile a kernel of if it
22 compiles some things don't work, sound for example. Seamonkey crashes
23 at times for no reason. I also had trouble with the new xorg-server
24 crashing with me. Also, my camera and printer, which are USB, were no
25 longer found.
26
27 To fix this, I went back to gcc 4.1 and started a emerge -ev world. As
28 things are being recompiled, things are getting back to normal. I'm not
29 saying this will fix your issue but it may be something to consider if
30 you are using gcc 4.3. So far, my camera and printer is back, I can
31 compile a kernel with no errors and Seamonkey is being compiled as I type.
32
33 Just something for you to ponder. Maybe when you have ran out of other
34 ideas.
35
36 Dale
37