From: behrouz khosravi <bz.khosravi@×××××.com>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] any one using ubuntu phones?
Date: Mon, 29 Jun 2015 15:44:52
2 > It sounds like your problem isn't with Android (which is mostly FOSS -
3 > or at least the parts you're dealing with here are), but with the
4 > bootloader on your phone (which is proprietary).
7 No, actually my problem is that why an operating system
8 can have decision on what types of apps can I have on my computer.
9 if it is foss enough why I am not able to remove everything from my system
10 easily.
11 I believe when we have free operating system, when can aim for free
12 hardware.
13 I just hope ubuntu would be a help to open the mobile market like the way
14 it helped in desktop.
15
16 FOSS developers seem to mostly be stuck in X11-land - it scratches
17 > their itch which tends to be on the desktop. While touch screen is
18 > "just another input device" the fact is that you need to design your
19 > entire application UI around it. ...
22 why do you thinks some foss user interfaces can not be created for this
23 situation?
24
25 I just hope someday mobile market whould be open.