From: Neil Bothwick <neil@××××××××××.uk>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] Preventing new versions of gentoo-sources…
Date: Thu, 20 Jun 2019 07:47:11
1 On Wed, 19 Jun 2019 17:16:21 -0700, Daniel Frey wrote:
2
3 > I was thinking about this for a bit, and thought that maybe adding the
4 > slot to the package in /var/lib/portage/world would work.
5
6 Every release has a separate slot, so this would never offer updates, no
7 matter how minor. However, you may find emerge world wanting to downgrade
8 if your chosen versions are no longer in the tree.
9
10 > So, using `emerge --select` and `emerge --deselect` I set up my world
11 > file this way:
12 >
13 > # grep -i gentoo-sources /var/lib/portage/world
14 > sys-kernel/gentoo-sources:4.14.105-r1
15 > sys-kernel/gentoo-sources:4.14.114
16 > sys-kernel/gentoo-sources:4.14.83
17 >
18 > I removed all other kernel packages manually so only those three are
19 > installed.
20 >
21 > However, portage still wants to install the latest gentoo-sources, even
22 > though the generic "sys-kernel/gentoo-sources" is absent from the world
23 > file.
24
25 Do you have anything depending on virtual/linux-sources? That pulls in
26 gentoo-sources with no version limits.
30 Neil Bothwick
31
32 Hm..what's this red button fo|'\xBB.'NO CARRIER