From: JimD <Jim@×××××××××××××××××.org>
To: Gentoo-User <gentoo-user@l.g.o>
Subject: [gentoo-user] Join plain text paragraphs
Date: Mon, 12 Jun 2006 17:43:18
1 I have an MS Word "HTML" file. I used Lynx to dump it to text and now I
2 want to get it to pdf. I opened it in OOo and saved as an OpenDocument.
3 However, all the paragraphs are hard wrapped at 80 characters so the
4 text does not take up the whole page.
5
6 Is there an easy way to go through the 100+ pages and just join the
7 lines of each paragraph so that they will be flowed correctly in OOo?
8
9 I have the dumped text file and the OOo file and both have the
10 paragraphs hard wrapped at column 80. I would think there would have to
11 be some simple tool out there to go through the plain text file and just
12 join all the lines of a paragraph, no?
13
14 Thanks,
15
16 Jim