From: Alan McKinnon <alan@××××××××××××××××.za>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] Join plain text paragraphs
Date: Mon, 12 Jun 2006 18:33:27
1 On Monday 12 June 2006 19:22, JimD wrote:
2 > I have an MS Word "HTML" file. I used Lynx to dump it to text and
3 > now I want to get it to pdf. I opened it in OOo and saved as an
4 > OpenDocument. However, all the paragraphs are hard wrapped at 80
5 > characters so the text does not take up the whole page.
6 >
7 > Is there an easy way to go through the 100+ pages and just join the
8 > lines of each paragraph so that they will be flowed correctly in
9 > OOo?
10 >
11 > I have the dumped text file and the OOo file and both have the
12 > paragraphs hard wrapped at column 80. I would think there would
13 > have to be some simple tool out there to go through the plain text
14 > file and just join all the lines of a paragraph, no?
15
16 You already have a OOo file so that's a good place to start.
17
18 First, check on Tools -> Autocorrect -> Options that "Remove blank
19 paragraphs" is checked. Then highlight all the text you want to
20 modify and do Format -> AutoFormat -> Apply.
21
22 This should remove hard line returns in the middle of paras then
23 remove blank paras. Then print to pdf.
26 If only me, you and dead people understand hex,
27 how many people understand hex?
28
29 Alan McKinnon
30 alan at linuxholdings dot co dot za
31 +27 82, double three seven, one nine three five
32 --
33 gentoo-user@g.o mailing list