From: JimD <Jim@×××××××××××××××××.org>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] Join plain text paragraphs
Date: Mon, 12 Jun 2006 23:04:22
1 Alan McKinnon wrote:
2 > On Monday 12 June 2006 19:22, JimD wrote:
3 >> I have an MS Word "HTML" file. I used Lynx to dump it to text and
4 >> now I want to get it to pdf. I opened it in OOo and saved as an
5 >> OpenDocument. However, all the paragraphs are hard wrapped at 80
6 >> characters so the text does not take up the whole page.
7 >>
8 >> Is there an easy way to go through the 100+ pages and just join the
9 >> lines of each paragraph so that they will be flowed correctly in
10 >> OOo?
11 >>
12 >> I have the dumped text file and the OOo file and both have the
13 >> paragraphs hard wrapped at column 80. I would think there would
14 >> have to be some simple tool out there to go through the plain text
15 >> file and just join all the lines of a paragraph, no?
16 >
17 > You already have a OOo file so that's a good place to start.
18 >
19 > First, check on Tools -> Autocorrect -> Options that "Remove blank
20 > paragraphs" is checked. Then highlight all the text you want to
21 > modify and do Format -> AutoFormat -> Apply.
22 >
23 > This should remove hard line returns in the middle of paras then
24 > remove blank paras. Then print to pdf.
25
26 Sweet. Thanks for the tips. I need to start using OOo more ;-)
27
28 Jim
29 --
31 You roll an 18 in Dex and see if you