From: Mark Knecht <markknecht@×××××.com>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] [Completely and totally OT] FVWM-Crystal...!!!
Date: Wed, 28 Sep 2005 23:28:49
1 On 9/28/05, Holly Bostick <motub@××××××.nl> wrote:
2 > Mark Knecht schreef:
3 > > On 9/28/05, Holly Bostick <motub@××××××.nl> wrote:
4 > >
5 > >> Mark Knecht schreef:
6 > >>>> I changed my layout to dock (which looks a lot like XFCE, but
7 > >>>> all transparent)
8 > >>>>
9 > >>> I don't quite see this part. Maybe I haven't found them yet. It's
10 > >>> only been runnign 10 minutes or so.
11 > >>
12 > >> Use the diamond icon in the upper right corner to get the menu,
13 > >> then Preferences=>Used Recipe ("layouts" are now called "Recipes")
14 > >> and choose "Dock". Avoid "Clean Vertical", as that seems to only
15 > >> use a pager, no menu, no panel, no taskbar-- and I had to edit a
16 > >> config file to change recipes again, since I haven't configured for
17 > >> "just a term" setup, and I don't know what term-based commands I
18 > >> have available to control this setup.
21 > > OK, thanks. I selected Dock. It wants me to restart. Can I do this
22 > > within FVWM without exiting?
23 >
24 > Yes, restart is an internal command that just restarts fvwm without
25 > logging out or closing any open applications or anything like that. I
26 > assume if you chose 'not now' that it would change the setting in the
27 > config file, but not do anything until you logged out and back in, or
28 > used the internal restart command in the fvwm console, which I don't
29 > know how to access in Crystal (as opposed to 'regular' fvwm).
30 >
31 > Holly
32
33 Great. Tried it. It worked fine and didn't upset Jack which means my
34 experiment goes on.
35
36 This is working so much better for me than Gnome on my AMD64 box. I'll
37 have to go back and try the standard Gentoo kernel instead of
38 ck-sources.
39
40 Thanks for turning me on to this WM and for your help.
41
42 cheers,
43 Mark
46 gentoo-user@g.o mailing list