From: Holly Bostick <motub@××××××.nl>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] [Completely and totally OT] FVWM-Crystal...!!!
Date: Wed, 28 Sep 2005 23:15:25
1 Mark Knecht schreef:
2 > On 9/28/05, Holly Bostick <motub@××××××.nl> wrote:
3 >
4 >> Mark Knecht schreef:
5 >>>> I changed my layout to dock (which looks a lot like XFCE, but
6 >>>> all transparent)
7 >>>>
8 >>> I don't quite see this part. Maybe I haven't found them yet. It's
9 >>> only been runnign 10 minutes or so.
10 >>
11 >> Use the diamond icon in the upper right corner to get the menu,
12 >> then Preferences=>Used Recipe ("layouts" are now called "Recipes")
13 >> and choose "Dock". Avoid "Clean Vertical", as that seems to only
14 >> use a pager, no menu, no panel, no taskbar-- and I had to edit a
15 >> config file to change recipes again, since I haven't configured for
16 >> "just a term" setup, and I don't know what term-based commands I
17 >> have available to control this setup.
20 > OK, thanks. I selected Dock. It wants me to restart. Can I do this
21 > within FVWM without exiting?
22
23 Yes, restart is an internal command that just restarts fvwm without
24 logging out or closing any open applications or anything like that. I
25 assume if you chose 'not now' that it would change the setting in the
26 config file, but not do anything until you logged out and back in, or
27 used the internal restart command in the fvwm console, which I don't
28 know how to access in Crystal (as opposed to 'regular' fvwm).
29
30 Holly
31 --
32 gentoo-user@g.o mailing list