From: Iain Buchanan <iaindb@××××××××××××.au>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: [gentoo-user] [OT] linux authentication server
Date: Thu, 10 May 2007 07:15:25
1 Hi all,
2
3 this one's a bit OT...
4
5 I have a linux server and multiple (<10) windows xp clients. So far,
6 each windows client has it's own user and password info stored on it.
7 This slowly becomes harder to manage as a user has to have an account on
8 each machine, and has to change passwords in multiple places.
9
10 Therefore, I'm looking for an active directory kindof server for linux.
11 I have minimal experience with AD, if it even is available the way I
12 think it is for linux, but I have no doubt I can pick up the
13 administration. Your opinion on your favourite, and why, would be very
14 useful to me. Any tips / howto would also be great.
15
16 thanks!
20 My philosophy is: Don't think.
21 -- Charles Manson