From: Grant <emailgrant@×××××.com>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] mysqld invoked oom-killer
Date: Fri, 22 Jul 2011 01:24:35
1 >>> apache MaxClients has been lowered to 50 which is a shame because I
2 >>> have 30+ separate images on each of my pages and that number can not
3 >>> be reduced.  This means I may not be able to serve more than 1 full
4 >>> page at a time.
5 >>
6 >>        This is wrong.
7 >
8 > Agreed. From TFM; "The MaxClients directive sets the limit on the
9 > number of simultaneous requests that will be served" and i'd say when
10 > they say "requests", they're talking about TCP sessions. So in the old
11 > days of HTTP/1.0 you'd be right, and if you'd turned off pipelining
12 > (KeepAlives) you'd be right.
13 >
14 > The default for MaxKeepAliveRequests is 100, so no problems
15 > downloading the 30+ objects within a single session, assuming you have
16 > KeepAlive on.
17
18 I'm trying to figure out the maximum number of apache2 processes that
19 could run simultaneously according to my config so I don't run out of
20 memory again. I have KeepAlive on, but I can see in the log that a
21 different pid serves each file associated with a particular page
22 request. Doesn't that mean a different apache2 process is serving
23 each file and I need one process for each file served at any
24 particular moment? How does KeepAlive relate to the number of running
25 apache2 processes?
26
27 - Grant